Bug 1: Hack This Site
- This site compiles and executes the code that is submitted through its HTML forms.
- Code is deemed "correct" if it compiles without error and then passes a suite of functional tests.
- Go import declarations fail to compile. Submissions execute as Linux processes with resource limits.
- But, Go's memory safety can be circumvented by exploiting a data race. See the implementation below.
- Given the ability to read or write bytes at any address, can you find a way to compromise this site?
- For example: Terminate the process, returning 0 to the system as the exit status.
Fix The Tiny Bug In This Go Code: